土曜日, 5月 31, 2008

This is What an "Islamofascist" Looks Like




Well, it seems that some readers may have missed my admittedly cryptic point - the quotation marks are the key. I was pointing out precisely that the opposition in Lebanon is made up of diverse groups of people opposed to neo-liberalism and imperialism. I was attempting to ridicule the silly term 'Islamofascism' although admittedly using some pretty gender reductionist means. So I guess I should be more careful with my juxtaposin'.

2 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

like hot girls you could never have?

Johnny Guitar さんのコメント...

And your point is? Are these pictures of three photogenic women supposed to prove that the Party of God are not the extreme Islamist crackpots most people take them for? Would a nice shot of Eva Braun and a few of her mates have exonerated the Nazis from charges of anti-Semitism in the 1930s?

Basically what we have here is a picture of a woman with a tattoo and a nice arse at a Hezbollah rally. Is this what counts for analysis in the SWP these days?